An Approach to Determine Health Index of Power Cable System
Power Cable System is a vital asset in Electrical Power System. Now a days power cables are used in transmission and distribution of electric power at MV, HV and EHV levels. Reliability and availability of power supply depends greatly on insulation condition of the power cable system. Therefore, power cable asset management is vital for taking decision on future course of action to minimize capital expenditure, maximize reliability and avoid forced outages. In this paper, how to deploy power cable asset management is discussed using Health Index based on diagnostic test data.
- IEEE Std 400-2012, IEEE Guide for Field Testing and Evaluation of the insulation of the Shielded Power Cable System.
- IEEE Std 400.2-2013, IEEE Guide for Field Testing of the Shielded Power Cable System Using Very Low Frequency (VLF) (less than 1 Hz).
- IEEE Std 400.3-2006, IEEE Guide for Partial Discharge Testing of the Shielded Power Cable System in a Field Environment.
- IEEE Std 400.4-2015, IEEE Guide for Field Testing of the Shielded Power Cable System Rated 5 kV and Above with Damped Alternating Current (DAC) Voltage.
- Puhan DK, et al. CPRI Experience in Diagnostic Testing and Condition Assessment of Medium Voltage Power Cable System. 14th Doble Power Forum; 2016
- Puhan DK, et al. On-Site Partial Discharge Diagnosisof Power Cables-Case Studies and Field Experiences. CABLETECH; 2017
- Rao NB, Puhan DK, Sharma R. Dielectric diagnosis of extruded cable insulation by very low frequency and spectroscopy techniques- A few case studies. Power Research- A Journal of CPRI. 2018; 14(2) https://doi.org/10.33686/pwj. v14i2.144708 DOI: https://doi.org/10.33686/prj.v14i2.144708
- Puhan DK, et al. Field testing and condition assessment of MV power cable system by Very Low Frequency (VLF) AC Testing. Power Research Journal of CPRI. 2020; 16(2). https://doi.org/10.33686/pwj.v16i2.155908 DOI: https://doi.org/10.33686/pwj.v16i2.155908